This week we will be focusing our attention on the Picnic Time Portable Reclining Camp Chair. This camp chair is a top seller on Amazon, and for good reason! If you are looking for a comfy recliner, look no further. Picnic Time has been around for over 30 years and if there is one thing they know how to do, it’s working to perfect the common camp chair.
|>> Click here to see current pricing, rating and reviews on this folding recliner at Amazon.com <<|
At first glance you can tell comfort was at the top of Picnic Time’s priorities when designing this camp chair. Both the seat and back rest are padded and covered in a 600 denier polyester canvas to provide comfort. The polyester canvas also allows for easy cleaning – just wipe clean with a damp cloth.
For more comfort, this reclining camp chair allows for three different reclining seating positions, as well as adjustable armrests. Whether you are sitting around a campfire enjoying a good story or having a relaxing sit next to a calm rolling stream, you should have no problem finding the perfect settings for you. That’s what makes this chair so perfect!
Besides the comfort, there are several other reasons that should have you considering this chair if you aren’t already. There’s a drink holder in the right armrest, but it’s no ordinary drink holder. It’s insulated to help keep your drinks cold or hot! That’s a great idea that you don’t see often on camp chairs. The back of the chair features a large zippered pocket for storage that could come in handy. Also included is a matching storage tote with a sturdy carrying strap for easy transportation.
Now before you make your mind up on this chair, let’s look at the good and the bad.
- Padded seat and back rest covered in durable polyester canvas for comfort
- Folding steel frame can hold up to 300 pounds
- Three seating positions and adjustable arm rests
- Large zippered pocket on back
- Built-in insulated drink holder
- Matching storage tote with carrying strap
- Multiple color choices
- Picnic Time states holding capactity of up to 300 pounds. Several buyers have stated that when you get closer to the upper limit, the plastic piece that holds the legs together can fail. So if you are around the 250 pound mark or above, we’d suggest passing on this chair until Picnic Time redesigns the hinges with an alternative material other than plastic.
- Folded: 37 x 8.5 x 8.5 inches
- Default Open Position: 33″ wide x 42″ tall x 36″ deep