This week we are reviewing the GCI Outdoor Wilderness Recliner made by GCI Outdoors. We decided to take a closer look into this chair after hearing not only about how comfortable this recliner camping chair is, but also how portable. Plus it looks amazing. This reclining camp chair is sure to turn heads and make people jealous wherever you might take it. It’d make the perfect companion while taking a relaxing break at the campsite, enjoying an outdoor concert, or even getting some sun at the beach.
The GCI Outdoor Wilderness Recliner has a lot to offer. Some of the most notable features are the fully padded back and seat, making it super comfy! To further add to the chair’s comfortableness, GCI’s BackComfort Technology holds the backrest position at any angle. The Wilderness Recliner can recline back approximately 45 degrees. The attractive arm rests are wooden and include a cup holder.
Possibly the biggest pro of this reclining camp chair is it’s portability. It folds down completely flat and with GCI’s Auto-Fold Shoulder Strap Technology and backpack straps it can be worn on your back for complete hands-free transport. The multi-purpose straps allow for quick and easy opening, closing, and carrying. It only takes one adjustment between upright and reclining positions. The frame is made of light, sturdy aluminum allowing support for 300 pounds while weighing less than 9 pounds.
- Attractive and affordable
- BackComfort Technology holds backrest position at any angle
- Auto-Fold Shoulder Strap Technology and backpack straps for easy opening, closing, and carrying
- Cushioned lumbar support pad and beverage holder
- Supports 300 lbs. yet weighs less than 9 lbs.
- Folds flat for easy storage and transport
- Water Resistant 600-denier polyester for long lasting durability
- Includes storage pouch under the seat
- Features a storage pocket
- Sit low to the ground might be bad for some users (Seat Height: 13″)
- Some owner’s have noted the straps stretching out overtime causing the chair to still be slightly reclined when in the most upright position (an easy fix is to tie knots in the straps to prevent them from moving)
- Not enough head support when fully reclined
- Open Size – 17″ x 25.5″ x 31.5″
- Folded Size – 28.5″ x 25.75″ x 4.25″
- Seat Height – 13″
- Seat Width – about 18″ wide between the arm rests
- Seat Back – 20″ wide